Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Undergoing construction . . . .

As anyone who has read this blog before can tell, I'm currently tampering with the appearance of the blog. I'm doing this for two reasons largely: first, as an attempt to rearrange the aesthetics of the blog into something more representative of my personal tastes; and two, to rekindle my own interest in blogging.

I have been meaning to post more often but have continually been postponing blogging for numerous reasons. However, I've decided that blogging is important enough to me that it merits setting aside a designated time for each day. I'm hoping that I can write a mixed batch of posts, some daily items that will hopefully go into effect either tomorrow or Friday, as well as some bi-weekly or weekly items. I'll probably just be messing around with aesthetics, formating, etc., for the rest of the day so there probably won't be anything of substance until tomorrow. Hopefully I'll see you then.

P.S. Oh, and the title is a reference to the days when Geocities was a popular host for personal websites and everyone who just starting their page would always post the "under construction" gif.




Update: I was wondering if anyone out there could help me figure out how to stretch an image to ensure it covered the entire length of the blog behind the title? Any help would be greatly appreciated (unfortunately that appreciation only extends to words of gratitude as opposed to any real action).

Update II: Construction will probably continue throughout the weekend, though I will attempt to occasionally post as I establish a usual routine for the blog.

1 comment:

PhillyChief said...

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say you have a big monitor and/or you have a high screen res set. Am I right? I'm saying this because at 1600 x 1200 here, your blog still looks HUGE. I can only imagine what the numbnuts at 800 x 600 are thinking.